Hello! Today, we’re going to do some baking! So, grab your mixing bowls and a whisk and let’s get to it!
Just to let you know, this has an acquired taste- some people love it whilst others hate it!
Okay, so you will need:
- 110 grams of softened butter/ margarine
- 110 grams of caster sugar
- 110 grams of self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2-6 tbsp (tablespoons) milk
- 6-10 tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp Biscoff spread
- Large bowl
- 2 Small bowls
- Cupcake tray
- cupcake cases
- mixing spoon
- Extra spoons
Let’s get into it!
- Firstly, WASH YOUR HANDS AND PUT ON YOUR APRON! Very important! Don’t spread germs, guys!
- Next put your butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and cream them together. There should be no lumps and it should be light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. (Although the egg in my picture isn’t beaten, so ignore that, and just pretend that it is).
- Add the eggs into the creamed butter and sugar adding small bits at a time and then gradually mixing them together.
- Once all of the egg is mixed in, grab a sieve and sieve the flour in with the mix. Keep stirring this mix as you add the flour to avoid lumps.
- Add the maple syrup and mix together.
- Add milk until the mixture is at running consistency and can run off the end of your spoon.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 8-12 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer/ knife comes out clear after inserting it into a cake.
- Leave cakes to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Take the Biscoff spread and mix it in a bowl until it’s smooth. Then spread it over top of your cupcakes!
- Voilà! Your cakes are complete!
Are you going to make these? If you do, let me know in the comments below!
I Blog A Little Bit Of Everything 😃